Important: Dogs must be leashed!
Caution: How do I behave if I meet grazing cattle?
Cows are generally considered to be gentle animals. Attacks on hikers can be avoided with the right decision-making and behavior in their habitat:
1. Make sure there is enough distance to the grazing animals and stay on the walking trails.
2. If a cow feels threatened, especially by dogs or other provocation, the animal will defend itself and the calves.
3. Taking dogs with you is at your own risk. Accompanying dogs must always be kept on a leash. If an attack by cattle is unavoidable, release the dog from the leash immediately - otherwise you could become the target of the attack.
4. Keep calm and quiet when crossing grazing areas and walk around the cattle by keeping enough distance.
5. Walk past closed gates and fences only if there is no other possibility. Close all gates carefully!