- Route: Climbing, path
- Requirements: tread safety, dizziness, high alpine experience;
- Mountain path black, intermittent alpine route
- Difficulties: Passage over boiler wall, Guslarferner and over glacier slope from the yoke to the escape creek (in each case columns); Mountain guide recommended
- Equipment: usually crampons, pimples; In any case rope; Climbing on the glacier
- Huts: Brandenburger Haus, Vernagt Hut
- Acess / exit point: from Vent through the Rofental to Hochjoch Hospiz,
from Hochjoch Hospiz via Deloretteweg and Kesselwandferner to Brandenburger House (about 6 h ascent, approx. 4,5 h descent)
From Vent via the Vernagtegg to Vernagthütte (about 3.5 h ascent, about 2.5 h descent)
Trittsicherheit, Schwindelfreiheit, hochalpine Erfahrung; abschnittsweisealpine Route
Passage über Kesselwand-, Guslarferner und über Gletscherhang vom Joch zum Fluchtkogel (jeweils Spalten); Bergführer empfohlen!
Tips and hints
Did you know that…
...despite the glacier meltdown, Kesselwandferner has increased in size since 1971?
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereVent is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Vent:
In front of the village and at the valley station from the chair lift (payable)
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints