VORDERE LEIERSTALALM->Erlanger hut->WILDGRAT
Distance 4.9 km
From the Vordere Leierstalalm you hike on a driveway and follow the steep ascent to Erlanger Hütte, continue on the permanently rising path to Wettersee lake. Cross rocky terrain above the lake by following a footpath along the eastern ridge of Wildgrat. Transverse two corn snow field before you reach the mountain ridge and the summit.
Safety informationFor experienced mountaineers that are free from vertigo & surefooted, Very good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary, such as alpine security material, good weather conditions recommended.
Please pay attention to the current weather report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/sommer.html
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads.
A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Umhausen:
- Parking Mure, free of charge
32T 642291 5223018
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view