Sellrain Hut Loop Tour 2
Ötztal Verified partner Explorers Choice
Amberger HüttePhoto: Ötztal Tourismus , Ötztal
For very good mountaineers with glacier passes and promising peak ascents. Sometimes small climbing is also there. The royal tour in the Sellrainer mountains. Demanding high alpine tour with many summit ascents. Round trip on the high alpine trails with summit hikes from chalet to hut between Sellrain-Ötz and Inntal through the Sellrainer mountains, Stubai Alps. Experienced mountaineers will have their pleasure in this conditionally demanding tour. In 8 stages on promising paths and beautiful peaks through the Sellrainer mountains and Stubai Alps. Through Sellraintal, the Ötztal to the Inn valley.
Track typesShow elevation profile
1. Sellrain – Potsdamer Hütte. Marvelous panorama trail on the ridge between Fotschertal and Senderstal.
2. Potsdamer Hütte – Westfalenhaus. Demanding Alpine crossing via Hochgrafljoch into Längental.
3. Westfalenhaus - Amberger Hütte. Across the Längental glaciers through Scharkar to Amberger Hütte.
4. Amberger Hütte - Winnebachseehütte. Via Gaislehnscharte and Bachfallenferner glacier to Winnebachseehütte.
5. Winnebachseehütte - Schweinfuter Hütte. From Gänskragen to Schweinfurter Hütte.
6. Schweinfurter Hütte - Bielefelder Hütte. Challenging path with climbing sections via Ötztal to Bielefelder Hütte.
7. Bielefelder Hütte – Dortmunder Hütte. The most scenic peaks between Ötztal and Kühtai.
8. Dortmunder Hütte - Sellrain. Lovely panoramic trails along Sellraintal incl. peak ascent to Rosskogel.
Public transportEnjoy a both comfortable and relaxing train ride to the train station in Ötztal Bahnhof. You get off the train in ÖTZTAL Bahnhof where you change to a public bus or local taxi. The current bus schedule can be found at: http://fahrplan.vvt.at
By roadGries is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingGries at the end of the village - chargeable
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
- Show images Hide images