Oetz -> Wellerbrücke -> Habicher See -> Elsinger Weg -> Brandach Brücke -> OETZ
Distance 5.4 km
This hike starts in Oetz. You walk beside the river to Weller-Bridge. At the bridge you walk up at the left hand side to Habichen. At the crosspoint you walk right through the fields. At the next corsspoint you turn right again on the aspahlt road. Walk over the wooden bridge and reach the old house of family "Grassmayr". The paintings are very interesting. About 100 meters next to the house is the corsspoint to "Habicher See". Take your time to enjoy the silence at the small lake and take a look at the ice-cellar.
On the way back you first walk to the last crosspoint and there turn left. Through the forest is a steep forest road up to "Elsinger Weg" and down to Oetz.
The lake is one of the 9 treasures. A treasure-book waits for special entries.
Safety informationEasy hiking trail, particularly suitable for beginners. Please mind the current weather forecast at www.oetztal.com
Ötztal Tourismus T +43 5 72 00 500
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Central parking place Oetz, The ticket is available at the information office Oetz.
32T 643701 5229434
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view