A short round tour ideal for families who want to explore the immediate surroundings of Sölden. The asphalt and gravel route covers only 5 km and 106 meters of altitude gain. A perfect tour for young mountain bikers who want to improve their skills. Alternatively you can use this track also for warming up before you get ready for a more challenging high Alpine route.
This lovely trail travels northwards down the valley. Before you reach the hamlet of Kaisers the loop route returns to the village center of Sölden and Freizeit Arena along the rushing waters of Ötztaler Ache river.
Safety informationThis route is also frequented by many walkers and hikers. Please show consideration for other sportspeople on the trail!
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
WHERE IS SÖLDEN?
Sölden is located in the West of Austria, more exactly in the province of TIROL. It nestles amidst the ÖTZTAL Valley, a south-facing side valley of the Inntal.
HOW TO GET HERE:
From the West:
Vorarlberg - Tirol via Arlberg Pass or through Arlberg Tunnel (S 16 Federal Road) - direction Landeck - change to A 12 Autobahn - exit: Ötztal - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to SöldenFrom the North:- Bad Tölz - Achen Pass - B 181 Federal Road - Jenbach - A 12 Autobahn towards Innsbruck (direction Bregenz) - exit: Ötztal - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to Sölden
- Pfronten - Reutte - Fernpass - Imst - A 12 Autobahn (direction Innsbruck) - exit: Ötztal (past Roppen Tunnel) or B 171 Federal Road to Ötztal (no Vignette toll-sticker required!) - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to Sölden
- Garmisch Partenkirchen - Ehrwald - Lermoos - Fernpass - Imst - A 12 Autobahn (direction Innsbruck) – exit: Ötztal (past Roppen Tunnel) or B 171 Federal Road to Ötztal (no Vignette toll-sticker required!) - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to Sölden
- Garmisch Partenkirchen - Mittenwald - Scharnitz - Seefeld - Telfs - A 12 Autobahn (direction Bregenz) - exit: Ötztal or B 171 Federal Road to Ötztal (no Vignette toll-sticker required!) - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to Sölden
From the East:
Munich or Salzburg - A 93 Autobahn to Kufstein - A 12 Autobahn (direction Bregenz) via Innsbruck – exit: Ötztal - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to Sölden
From the South:
From Bozen/Bolzano towards Brenner Pass (toll road) – Schönberg toll station (direction Innsbruck) - A 12 Autobahn towards Bregenz – exit: Ötztal - B 186 Federal Road (35 km) to Sölden
There are ample parking areas and covered parking garages at the base stations of Gaislachkogl and Giggijoch Mountain Gondolas. Parking is free of charge between 8.00 am and 7.00 pm!
Night-time parking of motor cars is subject to a charge and allowed only in the parking garage next to Gaislachkogl Mountain Gondola:
EquipmentAppropriate Equipment Rules! We strongly recommend to wear protective bike gear (knee and elbow pads, helmet, back protector, ...) on all lines, trails, enduro tracks and mountain bike routes within the BIKE REPUBLIC SÖLDEN. Enter the Republic only with a bike that meets current quality standards.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.